Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Author Irene Hannon & an English Recipe that can be patriotic!


It's my pleasure today to share a yummy recipe from another Love Inspired Author Irene Hannon, a bestselling, award-winning author, who writes romance and romantic suspense. Here's Irene:

"This is one of my favorite summertime recipes. It’s easy to make, cool and refreshing, and relatively healthy (for a dessert!). It was shared with me by a dear friend, and has become a staple at hot-weather family gatherings. If you want to go for a patriotic touch, substitute blueberries for the kiwi!

ENGLISH TRIFLE

1 angel food cake

1 (3 ½ -ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix

2 cups skim milk

2 cups whipped topping

1 pound of strawberries, sliced

1 kiwi, halved longwise and sliced

Brush any extra-brown crust from cake. Tear cake into 1-inch pieces.

Prepare pudding using skim milk. Fold in whipped topping.

Place 1/3 cake in 3-quart glass bowl. Top with 1/3 pudding mixture and 1/3 strawberries. Repeat twice. Add kiwi to top layer. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.

Yield: 8-10 servings--Irene"

That sounds excellent! Thanks, Irene.

If you want to learn more about Irene, drop by her website.

Upcoming Releases THE HERO NEXT DOOR—August 2009 (Book 2: Lighthouse Lane Series)

AN EYE FOR AN EYE—September 2009 (Book 2: Heroes of Quantico Series)



THE BEST GIFT/GIFT FROM THE HEART—September 2009 (2-in1 “Love Inspired Classics” reissue)

Irene also has a page on her website titled, "What's Cooking?" and features a delicious sounding chicken salad recipe.


I didn't realize that Irene and I both have a Love Inspired Classic out in September. Mine is FINALLY HOME/FINALLY FOUND. I find myself in good company!


Well, that gives you not one but two great summer recipes!
Happy summer cooking...and eating. GRIN

3 comments:

Edna said...

I saw this cake made yesterday on Create channel it looked so easy. But I am dibetic so no cakes for me, as I really stick with my diet.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Lyn Cote said...

Edna, Glad you watch your diet. Stay healthy.
But I thought angel food cake was low enough sugar for diabetics and what about sugar free jello pudding?

Don't want to tempt you!
So ignore me!
Hugs,
Lyn

Edna said...

here is what's cooking at my house sometimes,
http://ednasreceipes.blogspot.com/

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

And to answer Lyn's comment I do eat chocolate sugar free pudding etc, I just don't eat anything with sugar in it as I will get hooked on sugar again and I want to stay off. Thanks for thinking of me.