Hi! My latest book Her Abundant Joy is on the shelves of your local bookstore or library. I know, I know. You knew that!
But what I forgot to mention earlier this month was that I am doing a drawing in June.
If you leave a comment this month with your email address (Use the (dot) (@) form to frustrate Spammers please!), you will be entered in the drawing to win an autographed copy of the final book in my Texas Star of Destiny series. I think it's one of the best books I've written yet. And if you read it, I'd be interested in what you think.
Writing is a funny business. I spend months planning, researching, writing, and revising. Then my book goes off and ..... The book may sell thousands of copies. Yet I rarely if ever get to interact with someone who has read my book.
Just think of it as working hard to prepare a special family dinner and then---not getting to watch your family eat it. Blogs and social networks like GoodReads and Facebook help a bit. But writers really do live a life of DELAYED gratification. GRIN
Oh, well, I was born to write and that's what I do!
Thanks for the ten readers who voted to let me know if I should change the format of this blog or not. The unanimous (though small number) vote was to keep the mixture of my thoughts and the stories and thoughts of other authors and readers. I must agree.
Now be sure to make a comment this month to be entered into the June drawing. Blessings--Lyn
To purchase Her Abundant Joy, drop by my website and click the cover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




17 comments:
I blog on the books I win. It's one of my special hobbies since I can't work. Please enter me for your giveaway.
desertrose5173 at gmail dot com
Would love to read this one.
julesreffner(at)gmail(dot)com
Cool. I'd love to win. thanks
ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com
I enjoy reading your books and it would be great to win this one. Thanks.
quiltyreader(at)gmail(dot)com
I'll put your names all in the hat!
I love to win books! I also have read many of your books and enjoyed them. Please enter me! Thanks for having the contest.
dancealert at aol dot com
Congrats on your new book being out on the bookshelf. How exciting!
I can't wait until one day that is me, looking at a book I wrote! :)
Blessings,
Jodie
Please enter me in your contest.
digging4pearls(at)comcast(dot)net
I'd love to win a copy of Her Abundant Joy.
I left you a question on www.seizethechance.com. That's were I saw your blogspot listed and came visiting.
A J Hawke
ajhawkeauthor[at]aol[dot]com
Wow that must be a really amazing book if you wrote "I think it's one of the best books I've written yet."
I loved Her Patchwork Family!
Please enter me into the draw.
Thanks!
EvaMariaHamilton at gmail dot com
Love your books. I put Her Abundant Joy and Texas Star of Destiny on my list to buy this weekend, if Texas one is out. I finished recently Dangerous Game, excellent, loved it, it kept me on the edge of my chair. And then Her Patchwork Family was excellent. You have quite a gift. I wish I had exerted myself in writing, these type of books I love.
Juanita
whisper97304@yahoo.com
Wow, it is all one book, thought you were talking about two books. I will get it if I find it this weekend, and if I win in the drawing let someone have the one I buy and I would keep the autographed one for sure.
Juanita
whisper97304@yahoo.com
Thanks for all the comments. AJ, I went back to seize and left you a response to your very good question.
Now, ladies, did any of you read my first page? What did you think? Did it get your attention?
I'm a fifth-generation Texan, and I'd love to read your book!
misswrite (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
I may have already left a comment but will do so anyway. Glad to know all three are out now. What's next?
jhsteele(at)bellsouth(dot)net
I would love to win the book!
authorkathyeberly at gmail dot com
I like the phrase delayed gratification! So true, but it can be character building. (for the writer)
Blessings
jancline(at)ymail(dot)com
Hi Lyn,
I'm glad you didn't let any of those rejections keep you from what you were meant to do, write. I definitely have to read your Texas series starting with the first book. I look forward to reading about Mariel and Carson. Thank you for sharing.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com
Post a Comment