Sunday, August 2, 2009

August & Book Giveaways & More Mexican Recipes

Hi ! In case you didn't notice, we moved into August yesterday. August! Can you believe that? The summer is two-thirds gone. Well, nothing we can do about that--except have more summer fun while we can.

The second book in my Texas Star of Destiny series, Her Inheritance Forever, will come out on August 18th. I intend to celebrate this with some specials here on my blog:

1-I will be giving away a copy of Her Inheritance Forever each week to anyone who comments on the blog that week.

2-I'm going to continue the recipe collection which I launched in July. Now however, since my heroine is a Latina (of Mexican descent) I want Mexican-style recipes. If you have a good one, post it in a comment and become eligible for the book giveaway for the week.

So drop by anyday this month or several days this month and share a recipe & a comment. I'm interested in what you think and want to see on this blog.

Have a lovely August Sunday!

4 comments:

Sandee61 said...

Hi Lyn,
I'm enjoying your blog very much, and would love to be entered in your giveaway. Thanks! I have a favorite Mexican recipe for "Bunuelos.

Bunuelos
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup orange juice
warm water
oil for frying
sugar and cinnamon

Combine flour, vinegar, baking powder, egg, shortening and orange juice. Add water to make a dough. Slice chunks of dough and roll very thin into desired size (circles).

In a skillet large enough to hold the rolled circle of dough without bending, heat oil. Drop circles of dough, one at a time, into the hot oil and fry until crisp. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.

My children and grandbabies love these.

Blessings,
Sandy

Muzzley56[at]aol[dot]com

Laura's Reviews said...

I love your historical series and would love to be entered into your giveaway!


Taco Dip:

1 16 oz container sour cream
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1 pkg taco seasoning

Blend the above together using a mixer until smooth.

Spread in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle any of the following on top:

Shredded cheese
Shredded lettuce
Chopped green onions
Sliced black olives
Chopped Tomatoes

apple blossom said...

I love to eat Mexican don't know that I have a good recipe to share. I'll have to think on this one. However, I'd love to win your book though. Thanks.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

Lyn Cote said...

Those recipes sound delicious! Thanks so much! You're entered.