Happy Sunday! We attended church last night. (Since we live in a tourist area, our church holds an extra service during the summers.) So after a lovely breakfast with my dh and a pleasant time out on our porch, I decided I'd better find out who won the first free copy of my latest book. I let my dh choose the name.
And the winner is (drum roll) Vintage fan! She along with Edna, Aldriges, Abi, Sandee 61, and Laura's reviews made comments and thereby were entered into the drawing. Vintage Fan, you have till Friday to contact me. If I don't hear from you, I'll have to choose another name.
I'd also like to thank the authors and some readers for posting such delectable Mexican-style recipes, such as
Lenora Worth's Mexican Dressing
Laurie Kingery's Taco Casserole
Abi's Taco Bake
Sandee61's Bunuelos
Laura's Taco Dip
Frankly they all sound delicious. And I am going to be trying them when the opportunity presents itself. Remember I will be gathering these and the July recipes into a PDF cookbooklet that you will be able to download sometime in September.
On a personal note: My dh, daughter and I will be driving south to the Chicago area on Wednesday. My mother-in-law who is approaching 90 has failing health. I feel very sad about it but am trying to keep a good thought, hope. I don't know how long we will be there, so if you notice me missing a blog post, you will know why.
But on a happy note, the weather is warmer today and it feels like summer at last!
Please remember that I will be giving away a copy of Her Inheritance Forever again this week. To be entered in the weekly drawing, just comment or share a Mexican style Recipe this week.
Hope you're having a blessed Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
I sure want to win a copy of this book, glad you are having a good Sunday it is going to be close to 100 degree here today in SC
May God bless
mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net
Would love to have a copy. I don't have a recipe to share but can tell you I love enchiladas made with picadillo and green tomalito sauce the best...
Peace, Julie Steele
Even though I live in Mexican food area, I'm afraid I have to admit to not having recipes. I rely on the restaurants (grin)
This is Vintage Fan.
I got your message.
I won. I won. I am so thrilled. thank you so much and I love your web site. I am copying some of this down. I am going to make tamales to celebrate.
The book sounds fantastic; I'd love to win a copy.
I would love to win this book as I loved book one but I really dont know much about mexican cooking.
I would love to win a copy of Her Inheritance Forever. We love to eat Mexican food at my house. If we go out to eat we head for a Mexican Restaurant.Here is a recipe for Red Chili Meat.
Red Chili Meat
Ing:
1 small roast
1 pkg. red whole dried chili
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Directions:
Salt, pepper, garlic salt, roast. Cook in slow cooker. Shred roast. Boil red chili till soft, about 10 minutes. Blend chili with 1 cup water. Add 2 tbsp oil(brown) for thickness. Add chili, stir, add meat, add gravy from crock-pot. Simmer 15 minutes.
That recipe above sounds wonderful!
I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Sunday.
Jphillips1107[@]bellsouth[dot]net
Hi I would love to win this book.Just read The Desires of Her Heart and loved it.
Hi I love your books. I would love to win this book.
Thanks for all the sweet comments. If you follow me on Facebook, you may know that I am traveling right now. My mil is failing fast and we are here with family. Cyber friends like you really help me keep in a good spirit.
not sure if its too late to enter - if not then I would love to be put in the drawing- thank you
All I have to share is buy a jar of salsa and some taco chips, that is all we ever eat mexician, sorry not receipe, but still would love the book,
mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net
would truly love to win the book also; sounds very interesting.
We love Taco Salad; you put all ingredients in a big bowl and stir and serve.
Broken up Tortilla chips,
hamburger, cooked
Chopped tomatoes
Sour Cream
Grated Cheddar cheese
Taco seasoning mix(for hamburger)
Lettuce shredded (if desired) can become soggy)
Mix ingredients and enjoy.
Post a Comment